Simple Sojee Recipe
Sojee is a sweet Indian dish made with Semolina. It isloaded with buttery goodness! I promise you sojee is a sweet dish not to bemissed out on. Sojee is usually kept for special occasions but we love to haveit from time to time on our weekly rice and curry meal. Sojee is a comforting dish. It is rich and cream with a softtexture. You can add less milk to get a thicker texture and more if you want itvelvety. We prefer it velvety smooth.
- 3/4 Cup Semolina Shaheen Semolina
- 125g+25g Butter
- 2 Pieces Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 Tbsp Elachie/Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tbsp Almond Powder
- Few Strands Of Saffron (Optional)
- Few Drops Egg Yellow Food Colouring
- 6-8 Tbsp Condensed Milk You Can Add More If You Prefer
- Fresh Cream (Optional)
- In a medium size pot melt 125 grams butter on a low heat. Add a few drops of food colouring to the milk and set aside.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and semolina to the butter and cook for about 5 minutes. It will turn slightly brown.
- Remove from heat and slowly add the milk, use a whisk and keep stirring. Return to the heat. It will splutter a little so be careful.
- Keep a close eye on it and keep mixing until it starts to thicken. It will leave the sides of the pan and you will see the butter floating around the edges.
- Add the other 25 grams of butter together with the cardamom and almond powder and mix well. Add the condensed milk and remove from heat
- You can serve with a drizzle of fresh cream or Nestle Dessert Cream and a sprinkle of almonds if you prefer
When Adding Milk add Half Cup Less and only add if you require more.
Tasty Wheat Works Well Too ENJOYYYY